Monday, August 20, 2007

Baby Steps

From about high school, when my interest in sports caught fire, until forever, my dream has been to be on the staff of Sports Illustrated. Or any of the sports magazine I read. Or I'd take a freelance article getting placed there. Just once. I'd be happy.

Lately, one of my favorite ways to waste time is to hang out at the Sporting News community. I set up an account and I comment and blog away. It's a nice stress reliever for me, and the husband doesn't need to listen to me spout off on sports.

I was surprised at the reaction. Surely there are other women on the boards, but I get a lot of "wow, a woman who knows her stuff about sports" comments. But I'm happy people read me and I plug away.

Saturday, I logged on and discovered that I had an award in my profile. Showcase blog of the day, it said. I went to the front page, saw the link to the showcase blogs, and there I was. My little blog about my favorite baseball player for all the world to see.

I was so excited, I told the husband. I rarely tell him about my writing stuff, but you know, this is as close as I've been to being published in one of the sports mags.

Most of the other "awards" given have to do with fantasy leagues. I'll take this showcase blog over any fantasy league win any day.

1 comment:

Patti said...

omg...i love si...now please tell me your link so i may lurk.