Monday, April 14, 2008

Stupid Browsers

On Friday afternoon, I went to visit a website I visit all the time. I clicked on the link to read an article on the site, and poof, my browswer crashed. Okay, it happens sometimes.

Except this time, I've yet to get my browser to work right.

I know IE is filled with vulnerabilities, but I still like it better than Firefox.

The problem is it will only let me run one tab at a time, and even then, it starts to get cranky and freezes. (Right now I'm running IE's version of safe mode; everything is disabled.)

Just like I'm a multi-tasker, I'm a multi-tabber. I use the internet extensively for research, and I like the ability to tab quickly and easily between websites. Not having that ability really sucks.

So why I don't I just switch to Firefox? Well . . . I would, but I can't figure out how to get all my bookmarks switched over. When I first downloaded Firefox on this computer, I did download the bookmarks. I had maybe 4 or 5 saved at that point in time. Now I have dozens, many I use for research.

Looks like I'm going to have to call my IT guy.

At least I don't have any pressing deadlines today that I can mess with this. Any suggestions welcome.

No comments: