Monday, July 27, 2009

Blurry World

The recovery from PRK surgery has been a bit slower than I anticipated, and it is disrupting my work life a bit.

I'm not one of these people who recover well. By that, I mean I don't take the down time I need. I want to be back at it. And as a freelancer, I don't have the luxury for a lot of down time because I don't have someone to back me up. And in this case, I can't even participate in what is my prefered down time activity -- reading.

Writing has been a lot harder than I expected. For one, the words one the screen are a little blurry at times and reading too much gives me a headache. But the real challenge is looking from my (blurry) notes to the screen. Moving my eye ball hurts like the dickens!

But I have deadlines so I must plug away. And every day has seen an improvement. I'm also anxious to get back to working normally.

I'd love to hear any encouragment from anyone who has had PRK. Compared to Lasik, it's been a very different, slow, painful process. Yet, I feel like there is progress, whereas with Lasik that left eye just wouldn't improve and I always felt off balance.

No comments: